Poll
Question: What Should the Banner over the Auburn Game Be? (If we get enough contributions)
THERE'S NUTTIN' LIKE BEING 0-2 IN CONFERENCE
HEY NUTT!  WE SAID PASS THE BALL - NOT THE BUCK
EXPERTS SAY: THE WRONG COACH LEFT
PLEASE KEEP NUTT - SIGNED NICK SABAN
1.2 MILLION FOR A SUNBELT CHAMPIONSHIP?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Zookification of Nutt! Aerial Banner WILL FLY. UPDATED  (Read 22513 times)
Reaganite 
Hog Member

Watch out for Potterville!

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:36:36 PM »

Do what you can.

The first banner will read:  PLAYERS & FANS DESERVE BETTER - FIRE NUTT!  And it WILL FLY this weekend against N. Texas (Weather and wind permitting).  Look for it between 1:45pm-2:30pm.  They're giving us more flight time (45 minutes) because a local TV station is using the plane after 2:30pm. 

Here's what you will get for the contribution:

The airplane banner will fly over the tailgate areas, Road Hog park, Razorback Rd., Tyson Poultry center, & stadium.  They're going to do it for us for under $700.00 per game.  For each additional game, they'll cut the price to $650.00

I absolutely want to do Auburn/South Carolina in Fayetteville and MSU in Little Rock ($2,100.00).

If we do N. Texas and Chattanooga also the total will be $3,500.00.  With

I have to give them about 2-3 days notice and it IS possible to use different banner copy for each game. 

Once we have the funds in place, I will host a poll thread to determine what is on the banner for the coming game.  There is a limit of 35 characters for the banner (spaces not included). 

Future banners will be comical and use sayings like:

HEY NUTT: PASS THE BALL - NOT THE BUCK

THERE'S NUTTIN LIKE BEING 0-2 IN CONFERENCE

EXPERTS AGREE - THE WRONG COACH LEFT

PLEASE KEEP NUTT - SIGNED NICK SABAN

EVEN MSU BEAT AUBURN! ( If we lose to Auburn)

HEY FRANK!  GOT A GOOD FIRING LEFT IN YOU?

1.2 MIL FOR A SUNBELT CHAMPIONSHIP?

Earlier post:

Some of you may have heard that there is a movement afoot to give Nutt the Zook treatment, by flying a banner over the tailgates and stadium prior to kickoff.

I wanted to give you an update on how it's going.

I've got a few callbacks I'm waiting on, but this is looking very affordable and very do-able.

The only problem, is that the plane must be clear of stadium airspace one hour before the game.  But there will be PLENTY of people there tailgating prior to the game, so that's not that big of a problem.  They can circle the Road Hog park, Baum stadium, the Tyson Poultry Center and stadium up till then.

I've found the company that tows for a local media outlet and the tow company rep said since they work the Arkansas games anyway, we wouldn't be out the ferry fee to bring the plane to and from Missorri.

If we get enough support, we can do multiple games and change the banner copy from game to game

I'm working with Save The Hogs and we should have a paypal address for donations later this evening for those wanting to actually have their voices heard in an unavoidable way.

I know some of you don't like this idea, and I can respect that, but hell... if it worked for Florida, why not us?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:52:07 AM by HogFaninGA » Logged
TAFKAP 
Boss Hog

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:41:02 PM »

WHOA NELLIE!
EarlHickey 
Pig

Take care that no one hates you justly. ~P. Syrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »

I'm in for a hundred.

makemyday
PiggyBack 
Local Moderator
Boss Hog

That's the last straw...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »

*Hank Hill After Seeing The Giant Metal Dragon Breathe Fire Because Of Propane*

"That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  I tell ye what.
Vinnie Hogarino 
Hog Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

Some of you may have heard that there is a movement afoot to give Nutt the Zook treatment, by flying a banner over the tailgates and stadium prior to kickoff.

I wanted to give you an update on how it's going.

I've got a few callbacks I'm waiting on, but this is looking very affordable and very do-able.

The only problem, is that the plane must be clear of stadium airspace one hour before the game.  But there will be PLENTY of people there tailgating prior to the game, so that's not that big of a problem.  They can circle the Road Hog park, Baum stadium, the Tyson Poultry Center and stadium up till then.

I've found the company that tows for a local media outlet and the tow company rep said since they work the Arkansas games anyway, we wouldn't be out the ferry fee to bring the plane to and from Missorri.

I'll report back when I get a firm amount per game, but it's looking like the total cost will range around $1,000 to $1500 per game.

If we get enough support, we can do multiple games and change the banner copy from game to game

I'm thinking the first banner copy should read: "U of A Players & fans deserve better - FIRE NUTT!!"

Should we lose to Auburn, we'll change the copy of the banner for the Miss. State game in LR to:
"Even MSU beat Auburn - FIRE NUTT!!"

I'm working with Save The Hogs and we should have a paypal address for donations later this evening for those wanting to actually have their voices heard in an unavoidable way.

I know some of you don't like this idea, and I can respect that, but hell... if it worked for Florida, why not us?
You won't have nearly as many detractors as you would have 2 weeks ago.
bvillehog 
Potbelly

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »

There was a plane circling the stadium right before kick-off, it followed the B-52 when it flew back over then went around the stadium several times.  How could it so that if you have to be clear an hour before kick off?
Reaganite 
Hog Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »

True Vinnie.

All people have to do is look at what Nutt has done to McFadden's Heisman chances alone and there's plenty to get mad about. 

I talk about the Zookification of Nutt, but you know what?

Even Ron Freakin' ZOOK beat Nutt... in Fayettville no less!!
Reaganite 
Hog Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »

There was a plane circling the stadium right before kick-off, it followed the B-52 when it flew back over then went around the stadium several times.  How could it so that if you have to be clear an hour before kick off?

There are waivers available from the FAA.  I guess they had one.
Nutts and Bolts 
Boss Hog

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »

I am all in
Reaganite 
Hog Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »

I am all in

Thank you.  Like I said, I'll have the link to donate up later tonight.  Maybe we could get a sticky on this then titled, "The Zookification of Nutt", or, "Project Red Zook".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:19:17 PM by Reaganite » Logged
ChicagoHawg 
Piglet

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »

I'm thinking the first banner copy should read: "U of A Players & fans deserve better - FIRE NUTT!!"

Should we lose to Auburn, we'll change the copy of the banner for the Miss. State game in LR to:

I love the idea and would support financially.  However, I think the second more-sarcastic phrase is a bad idea.  Just kinda leaves a weird taste in my mouth .. like we could do better.  I would just stick to the point like the first one does.  My 2 cents ... being someone who gets paid to write for a living.  :-)
Reaganite 
Hog Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 01:28:06 PM »

I love the idea and would support financially.  However, I think the second more-sarcastic phrase is a bad idea.  Just kinda leaves a weird taste in my mouth .. like we could do better.  I would just stick to the point like the first one does.  My 2 cents ... being someone who gets paid to write for a living.  :-)

Sounds good.
scootman 
Hog Member

Go Hogs Go!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »

Not being someone who gets paid to write for a living I tend to agree. I think a lot of people might miss the point unless it's really simple and obvious. "Houston, we have a problem...FIRE NUTT."

Something really, really simple and to the point. I am in for at least $50, more if we need it.
PinkPig 
Razorback Member

Ima Hog

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

I'll chip in, too.

How about:  "Save the Razorbacks - FIRE NUTT!!"
PinkPig 
Razorback Member

Ima Hog

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »

What is being propsed is 100% legal. Nutt is all talk and no walk. He proved he isn't going to to sue anyone.

I am wondering what Nutt could sue about anyhow - I guess there is a little bit of free speech rights left in the USA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: